Selling Your House and Choosing an Agent in Boise Idaho
The spring rush is under way in the Boise area.
This is a great market for home sellers, who got over 99% of asking on average in March with an average market time of just 32 days in Ada County. Multiple offers are common on well-priced homes for sale in the Boise area.
Housing supply remains extremely low throughout the Treasure Valley, making price increases a certainty when combined with our growing population and the expectation that interest rates will soon rise.
As they did for the last 3 years, home prices could jump 4-6% by mid-year. Treasure Valley home sales have been peaking in June/July and coasting in the second half. Make your decisions to move up/down or take gains on investment property accordingly.
Choosing an agent to sell your home.
When shopping for an agent to market your home, you can improve your chances of choosing a competent & professional agent with a few simple prerequisites:
- Experience is critical. A new Realtor may cost the same as an old hand, but could cost you in a number of ways. Market knowledge is key to success in selling homes. Did I mention I have 25 years of practice?
- Brokers over agents. All real estate agents are licensed through brokers, who must have at least 2 years as an agent and meet higher education and testing requirements. Therefore, brokers in general are more experienced, educated and qualified to represent you. Yes I am.
- Letters behind their name. The best Realtors educate themselves to better serve their clients. The upper-echelon of Realtors are those who have earned meaningful designations. At the very least, Graduates of the Realtor Institute (GRI). The Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation requires high production standards and a major investment in specialized courses. The Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR) is certified to have substantial experience as a buyer's agent and passed special courses. Yes, I have all three.
- Knowledge of Financing. The loan programs available today play a key role in who your home should be marketed to. The condition, price range and many other factors can affect financing and the pool of potential buyers for your home. After hundreds of transactions, I can counsel you with competence on the costs, advantages and drawbacks of each loan program.
- Attention to detail. A simple mistake or omission of features on the MLS listing can cost you thousands if likely buyers can't find your home. I won't make these common mistakes. Also, when you are considering offers, I provide a good faith estimate of your cash at closing based on the offer and expect to be held accountable, within reason, when it comes to your bottom line at closing.
Most home buyers start their search on the internet, but end up getting MLS listings directly from a Realtor when it is time to buy. It is so easy to sell right now, you don't need a big advertising budget, just a competitive price and an MLS listing with good photos. Through the MLS and Listhub, listings are distributed to hundreds of websites, including the big two- Realtor.com. & Zillow. Your listing will also be featured on my website at Homes.com, which is also highly ranked in searches. Finding buyers won't be a problem.
Repeat Customer Discount! If you bought the property through me or have done substantial business with me, I will reduce my normal listing fee from 3 to 2.5 percent.
Call me for a free consultation, market analysis and closing cost estimate. 866-3481